Sunday, April 17, 2011

Going Out of Business

I went to the nursery in Yishun to get buy window boxes or long containers for our plants. The place is closed. The operating hours have shortened. As we were about to turn out to the main road, Sembawang Road, we saw a big banner 80% discount and everything to go. Intrigued, we turned back and it is true. Real moving out Sale! The boss is an excellent sales person and negotiable. He keeps selling me stuff. I had a pot and a fish for my pond, five bags of black soil and two plastic pot for my tree. Tonight, the questions and answers with Prime Minister I understand why. The foreign levy has increased and the cost is becoming too high. The nursery owner has sent back most of his foreign workers. He is giving up the business. I wonder how many businesses are severely impacted by the increased in foreign levy. It is economic restructuring and small businesses are collapsing. Soon, only big businesses are left and we will be paying more for everything....inflation and more inflation.

No comments: