Monday, April 18, 2011

Refrigerators

We are looking around and evaluating refrigerator recently. My current refrigerator is making loud noise a couple days ago. It may be due to poor arrangement of our frozen items in the freezer compartment. The key reason is we think we may be able to save electricity if we get a newer technology and more efficient unit with 4 ticks. We bought our Maytag 10 years ago when we were living in Canada. We are using it until today and it is working fine. It is 110V and I have a 2 KVA transformer that we used to make it work. The difference is here it is 50 cycles rather than 60 cycles in Canada. Hitachi and Mitsubishi has 6 doors fridge that incorporate sunlight LED for keeping vegetable fresh and alive, anti- feature and a special quick freezing compartment for keeping food tasty after freezing. It is not terribly green to buy new appliances especially since I recently acquired a TV. I consider the refrigerator a necessity and my boys have huge appetite. So we need a big size fridge. Maybe I will wait for the price to fall...

No comments: