Thursday, December 02, 2010

Korean's Viewpoint on War

My Korean host asked what I think of the "situation". He remark that non-Korean get more news on the war than Koreans do. No wonder everything looks normal in Seoul. The war is in an isolated part of the border. The reporting may be scarce in Korea. Sounds to me like news on big change in companies. The employees are last to know. They get news from outsiders or from public networks. So far, the Koreans I met think it is not likely to have war. He says it is like a poor man fighting with a rich man. The poor man has nothing to lose. The rich guy has everything to lose. I added the rich man has plenty of resources and weak desire to fight whereas the poor guy is always fighting and therefore in a better form to win.
One news report says that South Korea was not prepared or trained to respond to shelling from North Korea.
I hope there is no war. It will be a terrible event.

No comments: