Saturday, December 25, 2010

Joyful Christmas

I was up early to prepare for the lunch. Slicing and dicing the tomatoes. Slicing up the cucumbers. Buying French loaves and slicing them up. B1 and B3 help butter the bread slices. We pick up the ham and warm it up in the oven. Washed and dry the potatoes and then wrapping them up in foil to bake them. Fry up the bacon and chopped them to bits. Instead of chives, we use spring onions instead.
Our recently married niece brought her wedding album for all to view. Nephews and nieces enjoys the feast. I am happy they have a hearty appetite and loved my cooking. Everyone left in the late afternoon. We went shopping for gift for our next Christmas party in Serangoon Gardens. We got our gift and return home for a nap. Partying is hard work!
Our friend just build a new house. The two storey semi-detached is huge! More than 7,000 square feet. The house is beautifully decorated and designed. Wood panels and wooden floor. Wet and Dry Kitchen. Study rooms, entertainment room and even an exercise room. The bathrooms are huge and open concept. Laundry room, store room... let's say it is nice to be rich.
We had Indian food which was excellent although a tad spicy. The house has high ceiling. Being a practical person, I wonder how the man of the house is going to replace all the blown light bulbs. It is nice to live in luxury.
Yes, and I am a little disappointed that my three nieces did not show up. Overall, Christmas is a good day. And tomorrow we will have my boys' classmates over. I am looking forward to meet them. One of my classmates is coming over as well. So Christmas is a time for renewing friendship.

No comments: