Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Thoughts

I am all excited after discovering my long "lost" nieces and invited them to visit. However, they do not know me. Only the eldest, G, may have some faint memories of me.

I wonder how my nieces are reacting to my invitation and what will I do or say to them if they visit. What can I do other than offer food and drinks. The past is the past. It is the future we should talk about. There are many things to say and nothing to talk. I just wanted to know them a little and let them know me a little. We are related by blood. I am very sorry my nieces have a delinquent father. They have a wonderful mother who brought them up and they have grown up well.

They really do not know me and their maternal grandma is quite bitter about their father, my brother and probably the rest of his family. I was thinking what do I have to offer. Actually nothing. My nieces did not missed anything over the years. So why would they come?

Every year, my other nieces and nephews come to visit during Chinese New Year as well as adhoc dinners I would cook for them (you guess right! - bbq). They would come and for dinner, share a little of their stories and updates on their lives or not. The older nieces will bring their boyfriends along. It is just a regular family get together. I feel very happy even though just being together with no specific agenda or topic.

I watched all the TV shows on emotional reunions. They are usually siblings or parent-child reunions. Uncle - nieces? Not yet! So I guess only time will tell if my nieces are interested to meet their uncle.

No comments: