Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Time Nightmares

I have an early morning flight from Kolkata to Bengalore. Getting up bright and early, yes it is bright at 5am is no issue as it is 7:30am Singapore time to go to the airport. The ride was pleasant as traffic is light and reaching the domestic airport, memories of my previous travel in India flood back. The airport is messy will be an understatement. There are long queues everywhere and people are jumping queues.

There are no signs to tell you which queues are for what. I joined on queue I asked a local what the queue is for and realised I need not queue at all. Actually, I learned to ask because I spent 30mins on a wrong queue in Mumbai domestic airport. After getting my boarding pass, we have to queue for security checks that is at least 50metres long and do not seem to move. I was all stressed up and panicking as my flight time, yes flight time and not boarding time is getting close and then pass. I was on the queue waiting for security check past the time my plane is supposed to leave. Luckily, may this is a typical day in Kolkata domestic airplane, the aircraft did not leave and wait for all the passenger to clear. My flight is delayed for half an hour.

Chaos and poor passenger flow and insufficent clearing checkpoints make it really fun to go through. I am glad I am going home tomorrow night.

No comments: