Saturday, May 22, 2010

Horrors in India

There is a bomb scare in Mumbai and the passengers in KingFisher plane are held in a holding area while the bomb squad investigate in a anonymous tip.

Today, more than 160 passengers and crews are confirmed dead when an aircraft from Dubai landing in Mangalore airport overshoot the runway and burst in flames.

Everything in India is 15 mins away. We call for a cab and were told we have to wait. Half an hour later, I followup and was told that I only called for the cab 15mins ago. Tired of waiting, I asked the hotel staff how long more. It will be in 15 mins, the cab is in Old Airport road. It is very near but due to traffic... So I showed the concierge the time on my phone 6:09. At 6:35, I showed him the time and asked so this is your 15 mins and still no cab. The cab finally arrived at 7pm or one hour and fifteen minutes. This is why I love India so much.

My friend and ex-colleague, CH says he will be thinking of me when he leaves India for Manila. I am very lucky compared to him. He has to go India every month. Yes, I will be thinking of him often:))

No comments: