Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Zen Approach To Life

Reading the movie review of Confucius and the movie star Chow Yun Fatt is a revelation for me. Chow, 55 is not so hungry for Hollywood fame: "I don't crave for any movie role or want to work with any particular director or actor. Now, I leave everything to fate." He has all the money he needs. His fortune is estimated to be $180 million. He does not have any kid with his Singaporean wife but is happy to go travelling with her when he is not at work.

First, I do not have much money or wealth. I am happy to spend time with my wife and boys. I no longer crave or drive for more pay or recognition. My philosophy in life is "Whatever will be will be. The future is not for us to see." There is no point in life to push hard and make myself unhappy over staid, archaic and stiff bureaucracy.

Since I become "enlighten", life just flows. It is not smooth sailing but I am bouyant. Obstacles are to be avoided or step over. Frustrations are still there but no longer eats me up. Work still need to get done and people still need to perform or be let go.

For example, I am now at Borneo Motors Service Center waiting for my Prius to be fixed. It is a huge waste of my time but now I am writing my blog. I read the papers earlier.

No comments: