Monday, June 29, 2009

Frustration!

Ever tried setting up internet connection? It was a challenge I could not imagine. When sign up with M1 who promise 100Mhz at half the price, it was hard to resist. We signed the contract and was given a box. Instructions was simple. Wait for an SMS a week later, hook up the box and it is ready.

Ready my FOOT! First the SMS did not come. I call 1627 and have to face with 3 levels of automated voice menu. Finally, the customer service after confirming my identity told me the service was activated a week ago. I fixed up the box and tried signing in. It was difficult. A couple of tries by resetting the whole system, I managed to sign in. The trouble hit. I tried to set up my wireless router and it refuse. I seek support from Linksys website and did everything to the letter and resetting all the different boxes by turning all the power off and switching on at the right sequence. Still no joy.

Finally, I call tech support in M1 and she told me the signal was weak. She will get a technician over and for that privilege, there is a possible charge of $80+. Frustration would not be sufficient to describe my day today.

No comments: