Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Deals

We ran out of vegetables and out of stock to cook up lunch for our boys. It is past 12 pm when I reached Fernvale Point. 20cents for a cucumber! I decided to buy one. The green grocer or vegetable seller in local terms gave me great prices for other vegetables as he is packing up for the day. He insist I should buy the tan kuey or gourd for cooking broth. One slice is $1.50 each. He sells to me two thick slices for $1.50. As he pack it into a plastic bag, he gave me two pack of baby kailan for free! Ok the kailan is turning yellow and wilted. He probably have to throw them away tomorrow. I am totally sold by him. I feel great as I walk home. Maybe I can fight inflation by going to buy when stall owners are closing up to pick up great deals.

No comments: