Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feedback is a double edge sword

I asked for feedback, frank open and honest feedback. Ouch! what I heard about myself hurts! It is painful to look into the mirror. Hearing perspectives of me from others is very enlightening. I am very glad to learn the views from other lens. I have plenty to learn and to do. Introspection is something we must do on a regular basis. My direct and forceful approach can be stressful for the receiver. I will need to soften up myself. I will need to exercise patience. Humans are naturally resistant to change.
On reflection, I had a good feedback. Pain is a healthy sign. Pain is a sign something is wrong and therefore need to be attended to. A stimulus like fire on any part of our body will inflict pain and ensure we move away from the fire. When feedback is made respectfully and constructively, it is a gift. And on Thursday, I received several gifts. I am happy to receive these gifts. They help made me a better man.
Thank you so much...

No comments: