Friday, March 21, 2008

Worse Morning of My Life

I woke up in the morning with severe pain in my right abdomen. I thought it must be something I ate yesterday. I cannot sit or lie down. No position was comfortable. Sweat pouring out of my body profusely. I felt I was dying. I took Tyernol and Po Chai pills. My wife gave me Lactifort, a medicine for tummy upset. I recovered and thought it is ok. So I turned on my computer to do work and emails or "net working". Then the pain hits again. I was groaning like an injured animal. This time we suspect it may be appendicitis. Immediately we set off to Mt. Alvernia, the nearest hospital. Dr. Loo was on duty. He examined me and asked a few questions. Did you go oversea? Have you eat any food in the morning? Did you feel nauseous? Are you allergic to any drugs?, etc.
Then he order blood and urine test. The long and short of it is I did not have appendicitis or colic. It is kidney stone maybe stones. Dr. Loo says kidney stones are usually small and can make grown man cry like a baby. The pain cause my blood pressure to rise to 156/130. I have an injection into my buttock and 500ml of saline. The effect was good. It take about 45 mins and I feel much better that I feel hungry.
I am so glad the hospital can make my acute pain right away and I am fit to go home. Since today is a holiday, I will have to come back to the hospital to scan to look for the stones tomorrow.

No comments: