Thursday, March 20, 2008

Starbucks Experience

Thirteen ringgit and 50 sens. That is the price of a caramel macchiato in Starbucks. It's served in a white mug with with a line drawing of a princess in green emblem. The milk is frothy and the caramel draws a criss-cross neatly on the foam. It is like an art served. Why did I pay thirteen bucks and more for a cup of coffee? Inside the airport, prices of anything is higher than outside. The price of Starbucks drinks is the same whether it is inside or out. Also I can get free internet access with my cuppa. It is the consistent expectation of drinking a Starbucks coffee that make me return every time especially while waiting to board my flight. It is a relaxing way to rent the space, experience the ambience and at the same time read or surf the net. Starbucks has the formula right for a cash machine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind paying for that type of comfort and drink .BTW BL is yr misses not comfortable with the blog i created?
BT

BookLover said...

BT, sorry. There was a hiccup when I forwarded the mail. The link disappeared. I will send her yr email and she will be in touch with you after April 12 as she is a little tied up now.