Thursday, March 27, 2008

An Evening Out

B1 gave me a coupon for a BOGOF (or buy one get one free) drink in Gloria Jeans. So I decided to go to Raffles City to redeem as there is a store right outside MPH in Basement One. The traffic was jammed and not moving going in Raffles City. Some big event must be going on. So I park in Marina Square instead. Times Bookshop has change it store layout. The selection range is still limited relative to MPH.
I tried to ask for a rain check to extend the redemption of the coupon but was turned down. I was disappointed with the attitude of the counter staff and his response to my request. There are only two tables occupied with a total of 5 customers in the cafe. With this kind of attitude, I can see why Starbuck is a lot more popular in Marina Square.
I decided to walk to MPH in Raffles City and Gloria Jeans there is as crowded as the Starbuck located just outside the train station. I thought to myself, attitude and training of counter staff makes a huge different to the store traffic. I suspect the leadership of each store plays a huge part in the sales and profitability. The outlet in Marina Square is poorly run and hence no customers and in Raffles City it is popular.
People makes a difference!

No comments: