Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Today is 19th day of 2nd Lunar Month

This morning, the urethra colic hits. I walks as advised by Dr. Loo of Mt. Alvernia. Of course I also take the medications he gave - painkiller and steriods. After walking, I had infrared heat on the abdomen that hurts. The pain passed in one hour. This is a huge relief! After the pain subsides, I feel the urge to go to my favorite temple in Queen Street or 4-horse way in Chinese.
The crowd was huge today. Devotees were lighting their josssticks from outside the temple and walking in. There is a barker urging people in a loud hailer, not to take too long in their prayers and to keep moving. He explains in English today is 19th day of 2nd Lunar Month or Kuan Yin's Birthday. Everyone was donating and I practically have to push my way into the donation box after figuring out in a few minutes that waiting patiently to get in is impossible.
No idea why I have to urge today to visit the temple as I do not know that it is Goddess of Mercy's birthday. However I do feel good I go and pray today by instinct.
All will be well.

No comments: