Saturday, March 29, 2008

Is pain suffering?

I am suffering from pain all day. I am also thinking now whether if pain is suffering. Pain is good because the body is healthy and saying something is wrong. I wondering why do I need to suffer the pain. If the world is balanced like Yin and Yang, did it mean I had too much joy and pleasure and now I have to pay back with pain? What are the joys and pleasures? I think it may be too much teh halia, too much rich food and coconut milk. Enjoys the food now and pay it back with the pain later.
Dark thoughts or enlightened thinking? I wonder.
Is pain synonymous to suffering? The question at the back of my mind as I am in "labour pain" as my wife puts it. The dictionary explains suffering is bearing pain, emotional or physical. Now I know that I am suffering physically. The title of this entry is double positive i.e. I am in painful pain?!

No comments: