Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bedok Court

My wife's friend lives in Bedok Court, a fairly old condomium. The landscape is full of mature trees and the ferns on the ground floor units were gigantic. The swimming pool is a rectangle shape and is fairly small for a rather sizeable estate. The playground is archaic with sand rather than rubber tiles for flooring and the play sets are made of wood and rope instead of plastic and metal in today's construction.

The apartment is at 5th floor and the built-in area is between 6,000 to 7,000 sq ft. Incredible amount of live-in space for $800K last year. With the en-bloc fever, the unit is worth between $4m to $5m. This mean her friend is $3m to $4m richer in 12 months. Even after a lifetime of saving, I would not able to achieve this kind of net worth. Some are lucky and some are not. I guess I belong to the latter for now.

To count my blessings, I have a great family, plenty of love and fun, good job, good health, plenty of friends, respect in my community, ... a couple of millions will make it perfect!

No comments: