Friday, August 24, 2007

Bak Chor Mee Tastes So Good...mmm

I reach home late in the evening last night. Was not hungry and did not take dinner at home. My wife suggested she needs to go to the mall to get some items that sales ended today. I was not impressed by the aluminium foldable clothing racks for drying clothes and veto the purchase decision. It was pouring outside and we were limited to other shops that can be reached under shelter i.e. Shaw Isetan. It is unfortunate that Wisma Atria is cutoff and therefore Takashimaya is out of reach too. Crossing to Lucky Plaza was impossible as it was raining cats and dogs.

At about 9 pm, I was feeling hungry. So we went looking for fishball noodles. Somehow after returning home, it is important for me to taste our local hawker food. The food/snacks stalls in Tangs were closed and the food inAsian Food Mall in Lucky Plaza(by now the rain had stopped) was not appealing. My wife suggested Lorong 5 Toa Payoh hawker centre. Fishball stall is closed too. Luckily the bak chor mee stall is still operating and man! does bak mee taste good. The hawker serves quite good bak chor mee in Lorong 5. I strongly recommend this stall. It is right beside the claypot rice stall. Mmmm! taste of home. There is no bak chor mee around the region. This is unique to Singapore. I also had two bbq chicken wings. The price here is quite good. Bak chor mee is S$3 and chicken wing is a dollar each.

Yes, taste of home, home sweet home...

No comments: