Friday, August 24, 2007

Ninth Floor Taiwanese Resturant in New Sogo

The resturant serves authentic Taiwanese fare. The decor was bright and modern. It is very zen with matted black chair and polished table. We sat by the window with a clear view of the indoor garden landscape. The dishes were excellent especially the stewed intestines (yes, Kate this is my favorite dish). The beef tripe was not good and vegetable was too bitter. The atmosphere made up for this two poor dishes. There was live Chinese Orchestra music. I love the sound of traditional Chinese music. While I am very western in thinking, speech and almost every else i.e. I am a kan teng (potato) in local slang, Chinese Orchestra evokes the chineseness in me. Kan teng is similar to "banana" or yellow outside and white inside.

Yes, the next time I am back in Taipei, I will go back to this resturant at the time when the live Chinese Orchestra is playing. While I will probably forget in my next trip to Taipei, my host Shelly will remembers.

Taipei, here I come.

No comments: