Friday, April 06, 2007

Take the time to smell the flowers

Birds love to sing early in the morning. It is their morning call. Why does birds sing at dawn? I remember as child when I have sleepover at my grandma's , the cock will alway crow at dawn. The sky will still be dark. It is the farmer's alarm clock. Best clock since time immemorial. I notice grandma always wake up once she hear the crows and her chores. I have no idea what she does since I love to stay in bed. I know she will be cooking collected leftovers for the pigs and feeding the chickens.

The most interesting yet disgusting part of living in a rural village is toilet. It is a squat toilet with a long hole. It is elevated about two feet and the whole platform is enclose in a hut. Your solid waste or excreta will drop to the floor. The scary part is as you are squatting there releasing your discomfort, a pig would come in to eat it up. It will stick it snout up to smell your ass looking for more food. I guess pigs are the best convertor of all kinds of waste.

No comments: