Friday, April 06, 2007

Roti Prata at Casuarina Road

I thought it will be nice to eat "paper" prata today since it is a holiday. The store that sells the Indian answer to Crossiants. Paper prata is thin and crispy. I love crunching and feeling the prata breaking into hundred of small pieces bursting out all the flavors. It is so good to eat it plain, no curry. Then I can savour the flavours of the flour, margarine and yeast. Mmmmm, yummy!

I wake up early and once the boys are up, we set off. The car park was full with a long queue of cars waiting. The store was busy with a long queue of people waiting for tables and takeaway. Looks like other Singaporeans have the same thoughts. It was a long wait and the boys were impatient. Of course, I had my usual teh halia. After breakfast, we took a walk into Pierce Reservoir. There were lots of family walking there and some men were doing their morning exercise.

There was an old man who lie with one foot on the stool and another stool supporting the head and nothing in-between. It is like in the kung-fu movie. He was explaining his techniques to three young men with well-defined physique. I am envious of their 6-pack abdominal muscles. Trying to repeat the old man's trick was impossible. My back muscles do not have the strength to support my weight for even split-seconds.

No comments: