Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hurray, it is the long weekend!

I am so happy the long weekend is here. This is actually unusual for me. For as long as I can remember, I always look forward to Mondays. Work thrills and give me the adenaline high. I am bad during my vacation. Always checking on my emails and calling the office. Recently, my perspective have change. Work is a drag. "Sian" best describe what I do and what I have to do.

Truth be known, I used to look forward to summer in Canada where we work for 4 and half days week. Every Friday we are off at 12pm or we have alternate Friday off. It was a great motivation for the staff. We can explore the rural north of Ontario. We can work on the house and do the do-it-yourself improvements. Gardening was fun and easy. I love summers in Canada. It was a time for love, joy and exploring something outside city life.

In Singapore, the weekends are about food and shopping malls. It gets monotonous after a while. So sian!

No comments: