Friday, March 16, 2007

Singapore has good pollution controls

The sea is teeming with fishes. At low tide, the water is so clear we can see all the fishes. The fish look like Lo Han fish that was very popular a couple year back. While the water is still brackish and dirty because of the mud and plastic bags, empty cans, styrofoam boxes, it is clear enough for us to see all the fishes. Of course the water in Tioman, Redang are much better as they are crytal blue or green and you can see right into the bottom.

I am glad to see the sea is alive and well at home. It not only support life and it is full of abundance. Right close to heavily built-up area. The canal run through to Ang Mo Kio Ave 5. This is the best indicator that the strict pollution control measures set by the government is working. I am very happy to have nature so close by and full of life.

2 comments:

Siti said...

hi.. nice to read yours.. visit mine.. coz you don't have to read..hehe http://thegreatestpicture.blogspot.com

BookLover said...

Siti, you have a wonderful blog. I like the pictures. Thanks for visiting me, dropping me a note and introducing me to your blog. I see you know BT as well:)