Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Wife predicted the Stock Market Plunge

For all the skeptics out there, I did not believe myself. Just before CNY, she insist we have sells our stock as she felt the stock market is due for correction. We are very small investor in case anyone think I am trying to show off.

After CNY, the stock market actually continue to go up. I was cynical and she was very stressed and was disappointed with all the "opportunity monies" she could have made. Before the stock market corrections onWednesday, her stockbroker told her a lot of his clients has got out of the market anticipating a drop especially in China. She felt much better there are others who thought the same and acted.

On reflection, I am wondering if why she has this hunch and why others have the same. Is this cosmic energy and wisdom? Or is this just a self fulfilling prophecy that because a few anticipated and started to sell and their brokers spread the news that it actually happen like Wednesday. I am now seriously considering to be more aggressive in investing if she can predict consistently. I can now achieve my dream of retiring early.

In future, I can introduce myself as a "private investor" instead of a sales rep.

No comments: