Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tempura - most famous chain in Tokyo

At least this is what my colleague tells me. This ia branch of a resturant that is very famous in Tokyo. We had tempura for lunch. Usually this resturant is very crowded. Today is Saturday and we are early at 11am. I pick a 9 items set that come with tuna and cuttlefish sashimi. The tempura is excellent. It is served fresh from the deep fryer. The items are cooked individually and served. Only then is the next item is fried so that it arrived fresh. The oil use is sesame oil which is very light and healthy.

The resturant has two other table occupied. So it is very quiet and the background music is traditional Japanese music similar to Chinese Gu-zen. The experience is very "zen". I feel like I am meditating while having my meal. It is a surreal and uplifting at the same time. It is hard to describe. I felt calm, detached and at peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummyyyyy I missed all that food from Japan.
BT