Monday, February 12, 2007

Highlight of my day

Morning start out to be slow after sending the boys to school. I cleared my mails and did a couple of followups. I decided to go to Kinokuniya for lunch. I have with me a list of books and the store locator code. Some of the books were recommended by Daniel Pink's Free Agent Nation and some by Sunday Times. It is interesting to browse through specific books. Unfortunately some of the books are no longer in the shelf. I was disappointed not to locate the Organizational Psychology. However, I had a great time flipping through the pages as well going to the different shelves. I realise the books are in different location. One in the Poetry section, another in Business Communication, third located in Self-Help and last on Organization/Strategic Management.

It is a discovery of other interesting books on the shelf that make the hunting fun. I also realise my broad interest. I notice I rarely go to History, Politics or IT. I decided to buy the title Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. It is on Writing and Life. The introduction is light reading and engaging. I think I will like this book. It is an honest and down-to-earth instructions on becoming an author.

I had a productive lunch hour! After lunch, I had to work and work and work. Kinokuniya, the heaven for a booklover.

No comments: