Monday, February 12, 2007

Clear and Bright Sky at Half Past Three in the Morning

It is a warm and uncomfortable night. The airconditioner decided to stop working last night. I woke up and have a hard time trying to fall back asleep. So, I decided to get up and take some medicine for my sore throat.

The air is nice and cool outside. The sky is cloudless and clear. Moon is at a quarter and very bright. The stars are visible. It is a night sky rarely seen in Singapore. We have a tropical climate and cloudy sky more common. I find it nice to be able to look up and see stars. Maybe the sky is clearer at night. It is rare for me to wake up in the middle of the night. The best part of living a less densely populated area is the surrounding has less unwanted light. Bright light make it difficult to see faint light of stars. I am very lucky to live in a place where I can see the sky easily. It is impossible to see the sky in the densely populated city as the buildings obstructed our views. Even the patch of sky is expensive real estate. While I live in a relatively cheap area, I have a million dollar view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink more water and rest well.

BookLover said...

I will drink more tea:) Water is not my beverage of choice. I notice Gohet is now missing from your blog!