Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wow!

I was browsing through "Singapore Dreaming" producer, Colin Goh's wesite Colinandyenyen and read his biodata and his columns. He is a scholar and have high achievements in Law. He writes well (read his Sunday Times articles on the website). All I can says is Wow!
It is really impressive. A lawyer and give up to pursue his passion. His wife Yen Yen acquire a PhD in Education and is the creative juice behind their filmmaking project. Man! This is what Daniel Pink is talking about. Both done well in Left-Brain and has the Right Brain creativity.

I congratulate them. They are now seriously considering to relocate from New York to China. They can live anywhere they want. My ego is taking a serious knock. What have I accomplished? What can I be? I am just one of the millions of mindless office worker (knowledge worker as defined by Drucker). It is time for some deep reflection. With my abilities, what can I be? Maybe a teacher or trainer, how about a side street cafe owner or even a management consultant. Who will know me when I moved on the greater life? Will I have a legacy? What can I pass on? Who will remember me and how will I be remembered?

Is it important to have fame and wealth? Why do one need to compare and feel unworthy? Everyone is an individual, unique individual. Every individual make the up the whole. There is a complex whole that exist which will be different if the individual composition changes. Without me, the society and the world will be different. We are all from the One source, God. So how come some are more successful than others? What is the meaning of Life?

Yes, some Singaporeans are Global citzens. Many has begun to blaze new trails and set new records (Mount Everest does not count as both climbers who reach the top were Malaysian). Sigh...will I ever be somebody?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Booklover, Aiyah just be yourself lah. Be contented with what u have like your lovely family, a beautiful 3 storey house, a car, good health, a steady well paid job,able to read good books and also can blog leh. What else do u want? Look at saddam Hussien. He had great power, nice family,wealth and a vast oil rich nation but still not satisfied. Invaded Kuwait fought with Iran and antagonised the super powers like UK and US. Now what happened to him and his family?
Gaddafi is smarter....dont u think so?
Sorry lah,I dont mean to give u a lecture but thats the truth. Be like uncle boh tong here. No money,live in a 'govt subsided' flat and blog just to make his daily cup of kopi ( sometimes get scolding from readers)...but still contented with life cos blessed with good health and has a lovely family.....hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Ya lor, you are so lucky, got a good wife, 3 smart boys and a big house. Many ppl want to trade place with u.

Anonymous said...

And go and live in Canada anytime...aiyoh and still not satisfied huh?

BookLover said...

Ok, ok! You guys are right. I surrender. Whine a little also cannot...