Saturday, December 30, 2006

Story Telling

Story telling is an important communication tool. It fits into the way human mind works. So the message is easily transmitted. Stories are very popular in today internet world. My blog is filled with book reviews and daily events of my life. Average number of visitors per day rarely go above 20 hits. My friend and fellow blogger who writes stories about cabin crews get more than a 1,000 hits per day. Story telling is a right brain activity. The book I am holding these few days is A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink.

Well, we have moved from Agriculture Age where owning land means you are rich to Industrial Age where owning factories bring you wealth to Information Age where knowledge and education increase your income capacity to Conceptual Age where the main characters are the creator and the empathizer whose distinctive ability is mastery of R-Directed Thinking.

This does not mean the demise of Left Brainer Thinkers! Left brain thinking is still indepensable but no longer enough. In the Conceptual Age, Left brain ability is assumed and right brain capacity determine where you will be in society and your earning power.

What is right brain thinking? Story telling is one, drawing is the other. There 6 identified "senses" on right brain. If you are interested to know more, drop me a note in the comments section. I will give more details after I finished reading this book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fellow blogger from sia? His stories are interesting but bullshit at times. Don't compare with him. Your blogs are more intellectual and we can learn somethings from you but his? ha just some entertaining stuff.
so keep on blogging cos i read it everyday.

Anonymous said...

Aiya, I like to read your blog cos you always introduce good books. Both you and Boh Tong have unique strengths. Boh Tong provides great entertainment, and you provide great business management books recommendation and stories.

BookLover said...

I want to thank both anonymous and SzeLi for your encouragement. Will keep working on improving my writings. You give me hope.

Anonymous said...

:)