Friday, December 15, 2006

Up! Up! and .... Work!

I wish I can say Away! like Superman. Superman exists only in our imagination. I a mere mortal has to work and work. This is my first break since I wake up. The joy of working from home is there is no commute time to office. Once I get up, turn on the computer, I can work right away. No need to spend time wondering what to wear, no worries whether my clothing are pressed, no need to shave, no need to drive or take bus or MRT, ... in modern technology it is called "instant ON". More companies should encourage working from home. They save on office space, airconditioning, infrastructure like phone lines, computer cabling, office furniture...

This is the best concept since sliced bread.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I spend 3 hours per day to commute to work. Really tiring and I have to squeeue in the bus with many people after work. Need to wash more clothes. Indeed, if more companies encourage employees to work at home like 3 days, and 2 days in office for meeting and report, it will be good for the employees and employers. Employee have better work-life balance and they don't feel tired from the travelling. Employers can save more cost on electricity and etc..

BookLover said...

SL, the blog in the Bedok canal also mentioned waiting 20 mins for bus and taking a long ride....

Anonymous said...

Haha, u r not suspecting me hor? I am too busy to go to Bedok canal to blog after a long day at work. :)Hehe, anyway I am moving to a new job which is near my home soon.

BookLover said...

No, no. You write too much compared to the notes left in Bedok canal:)

Anonymous said...

Hehe,sometimes, I purposely write long essay bcos I hope ppl doze off and stop visiting. My blog is for ppl who share my interest. Only if they are interested will they bother to real the long essay.