Friday, December 29, 2006

NUS Co-op Bookstore

I made the calls to both Clementi Bookstore and NUS Co-op Bookstore. Clementi bookstore can respond immediately and has only Marketing Management by Philip Kotler. The price is 40 plus. "Plus two or plus 9?" I enquired. The reply was snappy "we do not give out exact price by telephone". NUS Co-op was different. Marcus took my call and explained he is busy with a customer now and he will call me back shortly or Kevin his colleague will call. I was understanding as a customer I dislike it when the person attending to me give priority to the telephone inquiries. I called at about 10am in the morning. The return call was at 1pm. Co-op has both titles one at S$43.30 and the other is S$ 42 plus (I forgot the exact price). It is soft cover International Edition.

Popular call me too. I left my contact yesterday. The price of Hardcover edition from PrenticeHall is more than $200. I inform the nice Customer Service girl on the phone I have the price from NUS Co-op at $40+ so will not consider the expensive model.

Why am I looking at Marketing Texts again after twenty years? It is time to revisit and revise why I know. Also with the new editions, the concepts has been updated and expanded. Continuous learning is the way of working life today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, I was quite unhappy with the Clementic bookstore staff too. Just bcos their books are cheap, doesn't mean we have to tolerate their bad attitude. Once I requested for a better book and the lady gave me the face.

BookLover said...

No kidding! I think their price may not be much different from the co-op. I totally agree with staff that have bad attitude. A lot of time it is the boss who does not treat his/her staff with respect or pay them well. When I say respect, I mean they should be given proper training and expectation on the treatment of customers. Just because their main customer group is students does not mean they can give shabby treatment to their customer.