Tuesday, December 26, 2006

30 Elm's Drive, Mississauga

Mississauga is a town west of Toronto. I rented a two bedroom apartment at 30 Elm's Drive because my work place is further west in Argentia Road. Apartment 802 was spartan. The furniture was basic. It is right in the city center called Square One. There is a huge mall surrounded by car parks. Huge open car park lots unlike Singapore where it is either underground or multistorey. Plenty of land here.

Right beside the apartment block is a creek with walking path. Green coloured Canadian ducks swim on the slow and shallow waters. On a Saturday or Sunday morning, there is hardly any traffic on the road. My wife and I love to take walks along the creek. The weather is cool and dry (or cold and drier in winter). Hardwood trees grow along the road. In autumn, the leaves will turn yellow, then in gold before shedding. Huge piles of leaves. From vantage view from our apartment, my wife saw a mother and her son playing with piles of leaves. The son was running and throwing the leaves and then mum sat on a pile of leaves with her son throwing leaves up and the joy of mother and son is infectious. It was a sight to remember. Simple joy and experiencing nature.

The seasons...something we miss in tropical Singapore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Booklover,me too since I have stopped flying.I miss watching the swans and ducks swimming in the pond at Kensington and Hyde Park in London,the ice covered lake in front of the hotel in Copenhagen,the sight from the airplane windows and cockpit when we flew over the snow covered Swiss Alps ..sigh..sigh..now I can only reminisce.

BookLover said...

Yes, you have a wonderful experience. It is something you treasure like me. I may retire there...hehehe. This may one option I have over you.