Tuesday, December 26, 2006

B2 reminisces Christmas Eve

During dinner, B2 our middle son blurt out this year we did not have a special dinner for Christmas Eve. Mum said "we had a family dinner!". "There is no turkey in the middle of the table" he countered. I think hard and try to remember what kind of dinner we had two evenings ago. Obviously it is nothing special which is why I have to rack my brains hard. Yes, my boys are missing Christmas in Canada where we feast differently than here. My company will supply a Christmas Turkey or Ham (choose one) before Christmas Eve. The wife will have to figure out how to cook the turkey. Everyone in Canada has huge built-in oven. No worries. Supermarket has prepack stuffings and colleagues can help with recipes. Turkeys are huge birds. So we will turkey leftovers for the next two weeks - turkey sandwiches, turkey fried rice, turkey soup, etc.

Wonderful memories....

No comments: