Sunday, November 12, 2006

What city folks missed!

I have been living in highrise all my life. Sitting up in my home office, I can see the dark clouds, lightning flashes and rain falling. The sad thing is another highrise is on its way up to cover my view of the sky. I realise looking at the sky is something I have not done alot of growing up. Highrise living in a city mean most folks will not have many opportunities to look up the sky.

I was in Tioman with my colleagues. We had dinner at a makeshift resturant. Alfresco dining at its best. It was a starry night. It was really easy to see stars. All you have to do is to walk of the bright florescent lights and the stars magically appears. The artificial lights in the city blot out the stars. We live in a city and it is always bathe in lights at night. I missed the time when I see shooting stars when I was five or six.

No comments: