Sunday, November 12, 2006

Teh Halia

Or ginger tea with milk. Every morning, I will go for morning tea in my favorite sarabat stall in AMK Ave 10 wet market. I enjoy a hot, creamy cup of teh halia gorang manis with a head of froth spilling over like draft beer. I have no idea when I get addicted to this beverage. I like it hot and spicy less sweet. I must go for teh halia fix the morning after I returned home from a trip. In Canada, I missed the tea so much that I tried to recreate it myself. I was very happy to get the taste resemblance. (You get plenty of time to experiments anything you want in long, dark and cold winters.)

The tea and ginger must be strong. After a couple of sips, I feel the warmth and my mind wakes up. It enhances the newspaper read tremendously. Life's simple pleasures!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Booklover,
Teh halia?...wow thats my favourite too.You live around AMK?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, can u get it from all coffeeshop? Haven't try yet.

BookLover said...

Boh Tong, yes. My favorite stall is on the 2nd row beside Chinese vegetarian stall in the market on Ave 5 and Ave 10.

SL, you can only get the "instant" ginger from package like the 3-in-1 coffee from coffeeshop. You need to go to an Indian drink stall in a hawker centre where they sell teh tarik.

Anonymous said...

Booklover...Thanks for the info. I will go and try the teh halia there.Btw Szeli is a fan of yours too?

BookLover said...

Sze Li is the first to visit and drop comments on my blog since my first entry. It was about Buddha...:)