Saturday, November 11, 2006

Books, Proliferation of Books

Kinokuniya, THE bookstore for me. I spend this afternoon browsing. Plenty of new titles on the shelves. I wonder about the information overload. There are so many new titles sometimes I wonder where the authors get their new ideas. The time spent just browsing into the contents of each book is therapeutic. Time passes quickly when one get absorbed in an activity. There are so many sections to cover - new books, leadership, new age, psychology, finance, management. Purchasing decision become more and more difficult. It is like one title "The Paradox of Choice". Limited choice increases sales. Megastore bring scale and scope to book selling. Traffic increases with the range of choices. More traffic increases sales. What is the right formula? Kinokuniya is successful. It is a heaven for booklovers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wat a coincidence! I went there today from 2 pm to 6 pm. I was reading Teacher Man by Frank McCourt and Times & Forbe magazine. A great place to get the latest books.