Friday, July 28, 2006

Jurong Bird Park

I have guests from Korea. After discussions, we had lunch at Samy's Curry. They enjoyed the hot, spicy food. After that, I became a tour guide. We went up Jurong Hill right beside Bird Park and then to Bird Park. The main entrance is undergoing renovation. It is a pity. I always remember the grand entrance that greet me...pink flamingoes before paying and then the moment you enters, a riot of colours and cacuophony of squawking from the Macaws.

The indoor aviary has improved. It now has an observation deck with supension bridge and lots of Lori, very colourful bird similar to parrots and parakeets. The entrance is a cafe. So it is nice to smell coffee rather than the smell of bird droppings.

I asked my guests what do they like for dinner - Chinese, Indian, Western, Japanese, Korean, Seafood... Korean was a definite NO. Mr. Park who has been here before like seafood at the seaside. So off we go, to UMDC Seafood Centre. We had Chilli Crab, toufu, kangkong belacan, crispy squids and deep fried buns. It was a delicious meal. Mr. Kim has to release his pant!

No comments: