Sunday, July 30, 2006

Why Blog?

Sunday Times today cites that 50 millions bloggers today. All shouting for attention. Most nobody cares just like this blog. Reasons for blogging were varied from sharing and updating close friends to trying to get famous with cute or daring pictures of themselves.

So why do I blog? I reflects...

I first learn about blogging when I read Janice Wong's blog. She shutdown her blogs which is a pity. I enjoys reading her columns and her blog. She is now studying her masters in Communication. For the longest time, she has been lamenting about her love life and I believe she just started with a new guy before she suspends her blog. Enough about Janice.

I became interested in blogging and sign up with blogspot since it is free. My first entry invited comments from Goh Sze Li, author of My First Blog. She recently change her blog's name to SzeLi's Thoughts. Following her lead, I realise while my orginal intent was to write book reviews and management thoughts and thus calling my blog K Thinking, I have to change it to K's diary. My blog has become more of an online diary with occasional book reviews and management advice.

Do I really seek fame? Not really. My key reason for keeping this blog is to improve my writing skills and shares my personal thoughts. Will I be able to pursue a dream to become an author? Even if I am published, will my book sells?

No comments: