Thursday, July 27, 2006

Classics

I tried reading Pride and Prejudice today. My wife always tell me she enjoys this book a lot. I have a hard time remembering all the characters. The words used were a little dense for me. I will need to check the dictionary numerous times. I do not have strong affinity to British English. I find it easy to read To Kill a Mockingbird, another classic by Lee Harper, American author. When I was you, I had hard time finishing books by Charles Dickens, another English author.

It may the style that I am unable to cope with rather than English authors. I always enjoyed read Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who is an English author as well. I remember reading the Professor Challenger's (The Lost World?) stories as well by Doyle. Around the World in Eighty days and Journey into the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, a French author is interesting read as well.

No comments: