Friday, May 12, 2006

Vesak Day

Now I know why the moon was round when I was up the air. I had window seat this time because the flight from Shanghai was full and I check in late. I prefers aisle seats. I was tired of reading and the inflight movies were not very good. When we were about an hour from Singapore, I looked out of the window and saw the moon. I wondered why the moon look the same size since I am now 30 thousand feet nearer to the moon. At first the moon looked full, then I looked carefully and notice a little shadow on the rim on the southwest side of the circumference. Today is the fifteenth day, the moon will be full.

The temples will be extremely busy today. I do not like crowds so may not go to pray today. Maybe I will go tomorrow since Terence(B1) has music lessons in Sophia Road and Queen street is just right there. Yes, my regular temple is the Kuan Yin Temple in Queen Street.

No comments: