Friday, May 12, 2006

Ex-Ohmeda Party

We host a party for ex-Ohmeda colleagues. We had a wonderful time catching up with each other on the news and talking about old times and sharing the good, the bad and the evil. Nicholas Ong was the best devil. The rest was teasing me that since I have 3 sons and he has a daughter, luck may have it that one of my sons may marry his daughter. He will make my life miserable. My counter is if any of my sons has his daughter as a girlfriend, they can live together but not get married. This is modern day. Marriage is a thing of the past. We all had a good laugh.

There is a consistent theme. The lower level employees feel that it is easier for Managers to get jobs. As a Manager, I always thinks it is easier for the lower level employee to get another job. The stress of globalisation is impacting all levels. The Technical Support Manager is looking for a job now. It is getting tougher and tougher for everyone. Stress level is high everywhere. I am thinking of what I can do to help. Also may be it is good to start businesses and be successful and teach it so that as jobs moved out or get reduced, people can be independent. I now know three men who are not working and two actively looking for work.

No comments: