Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Reflections

I was reflecting back on my jobs. There seems to be a pattern. After I stablised and do well, I seem to desire for change. I have this innate need to seek new challenges. I was doing very well in one of my previous job before I decide to go to Canada to be nearer to my mum. The company was turnaround from loss to profit and is growing well. I could have stay until today as what my successor has done. In Canada, I had two different jobs. I think I broke the record of getting promoted after 5 months in my new job. Now I am back in Singapore and it looks like I am itching to move again.

Do I have a restless spirit? Will I die with an unfulfil dream of being an entreprenuer? Should I let go and go with the flow as my ex-colleague, Grace Wong suggested? What is my destiny??

2 comments:

Li said...

I read in a book by Liao-Fan Yuan on The Key to Creating One's Destiny, that we decide our own destiny You get what you desire if your mind is set on what you want plus hard work. Yun, a Zen master said, "Fate is created by ourselves, our form is created by ours minds. In the Buddhist sutras, it is written that if you pray for wealth and fame, you will have them. Of course, being an entreprenuer is challenging.Must take care of cash flow problems, hr, marketing. I noticed that most entrepreneurs must at least has some understanding on all areas.

BookLover said...

SL, I do have an understanding of all the areas:)