Wednesday, January 22, 2020

B3 Unhappy

B3 finished his A levels exams.  We asked him to work to earn.  He is very unhappy last night.  He think he has learned everything in his workplace and since he has no desire to work in admin in the first place, he feel he is just working for money.  He says his friends are all quitting.  He just want free time. 

He is also upset that I am not working and have free time whereas he does not.  He feels trapped working for the rest of his life and will not have free time until he retires.

It seems like his generation has drastically different views of life.  I think it could be his school environment as well.  Most of his schoolmates come from well off families.  I have talked to a few youngsters.  Their views seems conventional i.e. earn a living, contribute to family or give a a portion of their income to their mums. 

My youngest boy's talk to his friends and I wonder if it is selective in what he tells me.  His friends worked as packers or admin.  In a couple of weeks, now they are quitting.  Seems cavalier attitude towards working and the need to earn their own pocket money.

Has the world changed?

No comments: