Friday, January 04, 2019

Best New Year!

We followed a friend to KL for a short holiday.  It is good value when we drive and book the hotel way ahead.  Still had we had in Dec instead of October, we could have save $50 as the exchange rate for Ringgit has dropped.  The meals are great value.  The usual resturant fare is about have the price of back home.  Sushi Tei is almost one third as the price in ringgit is similar to the menu price in Sindollar.

There are plenty of choices.  B1 and B3 had a great time exploring on their own.  B3 tried out their bubble tea and other snacks.  I gave him some pocket money for him to buy whatever he likes.  He also managed to get his jeans and hoodie.  He is at the age to desire "style" of the teen.

I had a relaxing time resting.  I also enjoys the breakfast time alone.  Reminds me of working.  I missed those days.

The great highlight of this trip is the fireworks!  I was sleeping in my room when there was a great explosion.  I woke up with a shock and on the living room, my wife and boys were jumping up and down screaming wow! wow! WOW!  I hurried over and start taking video.  It is an amazing sight.  The explosions were right outside our windows.  Seems a little dangerous.  The smell of gunpowder was so strong.

We were lucky to get the rooms with direct view.  We had been here before but only see it from the reflection of another building.

No comments: