Saturday, November 24, 2018

Toyota Prius 3rd Generation, 9 years old

My trusty Prius is 9 years old.  My wife wants to trade it for a new Prius+.  I like to renew the COE for another 10 years.  She is always worried about driving old car.  We actually went to test drive a few times.  Finally, she decided to go for the repair as we have to reset hybrid system again last night.  Unfortunately, Borneo Motors has company function and service is not working this morning.

Finally, my utimate boss decides to repair instead of buying a new car.   I have also ordered other parts as there are wear and tear.

My thinking is to use the car for as long as possible as it is greener than replacing new car.  New cars used up the Earth's resources.  Plus the Prius has been a good car and well maintained by Borneo its whole life.

I hope I can use my car for another 10 years and not meet with major repairs.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Depends on the mileage used and how you take care, it may last
another 10 years easily. We also got a new Toyota in Japan and
is one third of the price in SG.

BookLover said...

The price is just tax and tax on top of tax. It is govt's policy to discourage ownership by having huge surpluses in the annual budget. A Prius cost one fifth in US and Canada.