Thursday, November 15, 2018

Spinal Ops Recovery

It is just after two weeks from my spinal operations to fuse L4 and L5.  The post op pain was intense.  Morphine helps but also makes me drowsy.  I have only PCA for 2 days.  After which it was oral opiate.  I had an episode of cold turkey when I sweat profusely and feels so unwell throughout.  My doctor says it is the side effects of Tramadol.  So I stop taking Tramadol.

Today, I am not taking any painkillers anymore.  Not even paracetamol or commonly known as Panadol.  Only issue is during driving.  I can feel the pressure of the metal pressing into my flesh.

I am starting to feel more normal and very glad for it!

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Wow I salute you because I can't even stand the muscle pull
in my back. You are very brave because you still drive and walk.
Hope the pain will go away quickly BL :)

BookLover said...

BT, thanks. It takes time to heal. Right now, my right hip is giving problem. I think it is the wound healing causing the change in the pain position.