Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Chong Boon Hawker Center

We had our dinner there. After reading Boh Tong's blog on the oyster omelette, I was cracking my head trying to figure out which stall as I do frequent this food center. after.  It was the carrot cake stall.  The price is pretty reasonable at $4 a plate.  The oysters are plump.  However, I prefer Ah Chuan's as it is more crispy.  Ah Chuan is in Toa Payoh and opens only after lunch hours.

We also had the bak kut the.  The soup is very peppery.  I like the braised pork leg.  It is quite nice.  We only ordered lean pork leg, vegetable and bean curd skins.  The total comes to $11.50 as we have only one rice.  The price in Chong Boon is pretty reasonable.

3 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL I would like to try Ah Chuan's O luwak but its a bit out of the way.

BookLover said...

You are right! I use to go there to pick my sons from school but the timing never match. So I only ate Ah Chuan once or twice. I remember once his wife cook and it was not good at all.