Sunday, October 01, 2017

Punggol Sea

The strange chemical smell in Punggol pervades the beaches for a week now.  The water bottle which I used to bring the fishes I caught home smell of kerosene.  The news in Malaysia reported fire at a chemical plant.  I suspect it may be a aviation fuel discharge to the sea during the fire.  The pollution in Punggol is high.  The water turned black on a regular basis and when the water is black, there will be no fishes.  If there is heavy rain up North, the water and beaches will be strewn with plastic containers of all kinds - pails, bottles, etc.  Together will tree branches, planks and drum will make a huge flotsam.  I have see mattresses and armchairs as well.

I love the sea and it is quite depressing to see the poor conditions it becomes.

No comments: