Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pistachio Grill

My RI classmates recommended to check out this resturant in our group chat.  So for lunch on Wed we just drop by.  The place was empty.  I decided to do what was recommended by my classmate and ask for beef and mutton not in the menu.  The beef rib is not in the menu and cost $60.  Seems a bit pricey for a rib.  Since B1 is with us, we have 3 persons it is ok to try.  We also ordered a salad.  The salad is quite small and the dressing is unique.  It is very tasty.

The beef rib is so so good.  It comes with basmati rice.  We enjoyed our meal so much and rave about it when we pick up B3 from school.  We asked him when is he available to have lunch with us.  He says Friday as his exams finishes at 11:30am.

Come Friday, we went there for lunch and the place was fully booked.  We were shocked and disappointed that B3 may not have a chance to taste the food.  Luckily, a table for 4 is available and we were ushered to sit and they set up the table for us.  Our 2nd disappointment came next when we try to order the beef rib.  It was sold out!  The chef came out to talk to us and recommended we take the mixed grill and lamb shank.  We also order pita and brinjal dip.  The lamb shank was excellent.  There is a sauce as well.  So mummy loved it so much.  Her mother's birthday is coming up.  So she check with the chef if he can make vegetarian food.  The chef told us he was vegetarian for 17 years.

So we booked a table for Sunday for 7 to have lunch celebration.  This is the first time we have eaten at a resturant 3 times in a week!!

The food is fabulous and no service charge.  We did not order drink, so our meal is about $25 per head.  It is very good value indeed!  If you enter the carpark after 12pm, it is free if you leave before 2pm.  It was free for me on Wed but I have to pay $1.60 on Friday as I enter the carpark 10 to noon.

5 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL u are also an ex Rafflesian?

BookLover said...

My dear friend, you have forgotten! Yes, I am your schoolmates about 10 years your junior. I went to Grange Road.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL...sorry la these days my memory is slowly failing me lol. So I guess you do know
Mr Koh Beng Tiam who used to be our discipline master?

BookLover said...

BT, my discipline master was Mr Pestana. Philip Liau was my Principal. My first year was 150th anniversary.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Oh ok BL, yes I had Mr Pestana as my science teacher. Jesudason was my principal. Philip Liau's son Alvin was my classmate in primary and secondary school.