Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Coincident!

It is quite interesting sometimes when coincidence happens.  I get to know Boh Tong and get his help to learn about blogging.  We keep in touch through our blogs.  Many years later, BT start writing about meeting his old schoolmates and I found we are from the same school.  I was also interested in the story of his teacher who lives in Canada.  I lived there myself for a few years.  A year or two ago, a classmate of mine asked me if I want to join the chat group.  He is my Urologist and took out my kidney stone.  I joined and it bring back lots of memories.  I enjoys the daily chats from everyone.  Some more active than others.  I only contribute occasionally by forwarding some interesting videos.

Now BT shares that his classmate is my Principal's son.  I heard he has 2 sons and both are doing extremely well.  My Principal died of cancer around 7 or 8 years after we left school.  He lived a private house which is worth millions today.  His widow died more recently.  All these info come from the chat group.

It is quite interesting that we share a common thread and found out many years later after we know each other.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Alvin Liau was quite mischievous in school but today he is pious
and doing missionary work I was told.
Philip Liau used to be a school inspector before becoming RI principal.
He would visit our primary school and checked on our school teachers.
I still remember he used to sit at the back of our classrooms and appraise
our teachers. That's way back in the 1950s.

BookLover said...

Philip Liau was very strict Principal. The boys' toilets are scrawled with graffiti about him. He smokes a pipe. Weekly assembly is his philosophical discourse. I only remembered the one he says about intellectual snobbery. Compared to ACS' wealth snobbery, intellectual snobbery is worse according to him.